Discover Facebook's 20 Most Important Updates for Digital Marketing
August 01, 2018As everyone knows by now, social media plays an essential role when it's time to develop digital marketing campaigns and the strategies needed to generate good results. It's simple. The number of users building their lives within social media and turning it into a valuable tool can help you boost your business. Today, our focus will be kept on one platform in particular: Facebook.
Facebook is a social media platform developed by Mark Zuckerberg. It now has over 2 billion active users. Many would say it is an "old social network". However, the amount of people who still have it as their primary source of information and entertainment is clear indication that Facebook is still a very relevant platform, which is why companies should take advantage of its possibilities. To do this, though, you must create quality content that invites potential customers to get to know their brands more thoroughly.
Facebook has always been known for being a highly competitive enterprise. It is always updating and evolving to maintain an innovative and interesting status in comparison to other social media platforms working as its competitors (Twitter, Snapchat, etc), so there is a daily effort to add more features and internal applications to simplify the interactions among its users and brands.
For companies and business owners in the midst of applying digital marketing and social media marketing strategies, it is important to keep up with all the new developments. This is why, at WebFindYou we want to show you Facebook's twenty most important recent updates for digital marketing:
- Custom Audiences and the Changes in Terms of Service & Data Use Policies To avoid any inconveniences when working on marketing strategies on Facebook, you should be aware of updates such as this one. Custom Audiences is a Facebook tool that allows you to create lists with email addresses, telephone numbers, or websites from either audiences or groups of users fulfilling similar parameters to those pursued outside of the social media platform.
- Facebook Page Manager: The Great Ally for a Community Manager This Facebook tool will bring a lot of support to those managing social media, as the person will be able to handle Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger accounts from a single app. In the past, only three channels were permitted in an independent manner. Now, everything works as a unit.
- Facebook's Algorithm and Searching Valuable Content in Pages or Users With this update demanded by Zuckerberg, companies' pages will have to show their owner's effort in publishing valuable content to make themselves visible to the audience, as the change made in the algorithm will determine which posts will be shown on Facebook users' News Feed, based on the kind of interaction these posts generate in the audience.
- A New Way of Interaction With Your Audience: Voice Stories After having introduced a feature similar to Snapchat, Facebook Stories became an exercise in trial and error that left its creators with a bittersweet aftertaste. However, the demanded update for Mark Zuckerberg's Social Media platform promises to bring a new form of interaction that will boost this feature within the platform. It may be a valuable tool for a business to leverage.
- Facebook Introduces Pre-Roll Ads In case you weren't familiar with them, pre-roll ads are those pieces of video advertisement released before or during a video. Yes, we're talking about those usually bothersome and unwanted additions to the content on Youtube and other platforms. If you manage to create a quality pre-roll video ad, it can be very lucrative for your business, and Facebook has found a way to include them into their Watch section. With this, the social media platform looks for a win-win type of relationship by offering quality content, as well as an option to help ads creators.
- The Social Media Platform Provides New Tools to Lookalike Audience For businesses trusting their publicity to Facebook and using tools like Custom Audience or Lookalike Audience to boost and expand their public, the social media platform now offers the possibility to reach the audience in a more effortless manner. Among the new features implemented on Facebook, there are added options to automatically adjust the language to the user's own, an optimized lead searching tool, segmentation by city, and the discovery of new markets.
- Implementation of GIFs to Surveys While this may seem like an insignificant or even pointless modification, current social media users (Yes, even Facebook) look for visual content and grow attracted to posts containing trending topics or elements. In this case, GIF implementation within Facebook surveys should not be an underestimated improvement; companies wishing to draw in more public should make the best of it. This method of asking questions and knowing opinions via moving images is a smart way of creating effective interactions or participations, especially among younger users.
- In early 2018, Facebook Gets Rid of Deficient Metrics for Publicists After the controversies unleashed by the social media company's admission of two years' worth of measuring problems within their metrics, Facebook found the way to keep their announcers' trust and got rid of metrics releasing redundant, unclear, or obsolete results.
With this resource, Facebook decided to change the tool as a way to safeguard the user's information within the platform, so the update has the purpose of preventing publicists from abusing information. Now, publicists will have to verify the user's consent and the users, in turn, will also have the choice of confirming said approval.
Facebook will assess the popularity of content posted and give more weight to those posts that incite conversations and interactions of real value among users. This way, healthy and entertaining debates are promoted and discourses over certain controversial topics are avoided. According to official statements, some priority posts would be those conveying advice, recommendations, or articles that give way to discussion.
It's an integration of voice messaging to the already existing Stories, so now users can communicate via a new option labeled "audio" and share their interest and opinions directly to the social media platform. This audio feature includes the possibility of being accompanied by background pictures or videos.
Among the metrics removed by Facebook, we can name:
- Button Clicks.
- Today's spend.
- Page Mentions.
- Time percentage of canvas components.
- Sequence Image.
- Destination after clicking a link.
- Conversion value on actions in a mobile app.
- Visits to the page's tabs.
Facebook recently announced that users will get the chance to save their files, like pictures or videos, within the platform, and see them in the cloud to save space on their phones. This also gives you the option of having files at your disposal in case you ever wish to upload them.
All of these new features will be of great help for users to develop the strategies needed for a successful Digital Marketing campaign on Facebook. The platform represents an important piece in the process of developing true Digital Marketing strategy, and with the right information, you can leverage the platform as an effective advertising tool.
WebFindYou Helps You Implement All These Updates to Reach Results Within the PlatformIf you feel you lack the knowledge to apply these features or you don't know where to start and how much to invest in them, don't worry: WebFindYou is here to help you! With our technology, you won't have to worry about keeping tabs on these constant changes because we will keep you informed about all of them. WebFindYou is constantly updating itself to achieve the management and control of the needed tools to be successful in digital marketing.
As we have previously mentioned, Facebook has over 2 billion monthly active users all over the world, so if you don't exercise effective digital marketing management on Facebook and other social media platforms, you'll miss a great opportunity to maximize your business. Among our coming updates, there will be a chance for you to manage all your social media posts from WebFindYou, along with the option to publish them in your social media profiles and schedule them to be posted on particular hours and dates, the same way it is done with the popular social media tool, Hootsuite.
WebFindYou, however, will be a superior option because you'll be able to easily determine the keyword density within your social media platform to help you with your digital marketing and SEO.
Do you wish to know more about our All-In-One Digital Marketing Technology? Fill our contact form today or call us at 1-866-SEO-WEBS (736-9327). We'll be happy to assist you!
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to digital marketing? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook WebFindYou, Instagram @WebFindYou and Twitter @WebFindYou.